On Thursday, May 2, Gaston Youth Connected honored the hard work, dedication, and contributions of local individuals and organizations at its first-ever community awards ceremony. Each recipient has made a meaningful contribution to help address teen pregnancy in Gaston County.
- Outstanding teen leader: Alexus Costner, of Gastonia
- Outstanding teen parent: Brianna Cooke, of Gastonia
- Supportive parent award: Troy and Annete Philips, of Gastonia
- Rising star facilitator award: Staff of Phoenix Counseling Center
- Outstanding facilitator award: Hanna Kirlin, of Gastonia
- Outstanding service learning project: TOP Teens Program with the Gaston County Health Department
- Knowledge to Action Award: I Am My Sister organization of Gastonia
- Medical Champion Award: Dr. Velma Taormina, medical director with Gaston County Health Department
- Inaugural Bill Seabrook “Do Something” Award: Bill Seabrook, of Gastonia
Congratulations to all the award winners!